Unless you are the person who loves to be organized all of the time then there is a good chance that planning ahead causes you a reasonable amount of stress.
Have you ever sat back and thought how many opportunities you have missed because you have not written down those exciting ideas as they have come to you?
I am a person with a very active mind in seeing opportunities in business.
Sounds GREAT doesn’t it? But, you know it is not always the best asset to have. It causes me a lot of distraction, dissatisfaction and angst as I feel I am missing opportunities. After all one just cannot do everything.
To overcome this ability (disability, depending on how you look at it) I have to plan ahead and constantly bring myself back to my chosen field. I have allowed myself to only follow three niches at a time.
Currently, and probably most of next year these are the three:
- Home business coaching and courses
- Writing of activity books for children and word search for adults
- Developing coloring books.
Numbers 2 and 3 I can do whenever I like as I don’t set goals to publish except to say that at least 1 a month each is a small target.
As for the Home Business coaching and courses I put my focus here and try very hard to produce quality content for my fellow home business owners.
AS REGARDS YOUR BUSINESS PLANNING 2017
- Start thinking of ideas you can implement in 2017.
- When you are out and about over the next few weeks look, listen and learn from your competitors.
- Take notes about how you can improve, change or manage your business…if you feel really happy with what you are doing then that in itself is an achievement after some soul searching.
- Start thinking about when you should make changes if you are going to.
- Give some thought to your marketing for 2017 as to when, where and how.
- See if you can come up with some new ideas for marketing to find your ideal client.
PS Make sure you carry a notebook with you at all times!!
SIGN UP AND RECEIVE THE PASSWORD TO ACCESS OUR FREE RESOURCES AT YOUR LEISURE